Monday, March 9, 2009

Control

3.9.09

I feel in control of my life today.


On Friday night, Kevin and I sat down (around midnight, mind you) and made a budget. We accounted for all of our earnings, all of our spendings, and distributed it precisely on paper.


We sold our exercise machine and our fish tank on Sunday. $225.00 in to our emergency fund.


We have been tracking every single thing we spend and allocating it to the appropriate line item.

I feel like we're really getting a handle on things. We're going to pay off our debt the right and HONEST way. We aren't going to file bankruptcy (we were thinking about it). We can't. We won't. We got ourselves in to this mess and damnit, we're getting ourselves out.




Things are changing. I can feel it. And it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment